Hello all! I hope you are having a wonderful day! So I have had bangs since the beginning of the year, and I’ve heard that they are the hottest new trend when it comes to hair (I like to call myself a trendsetter…lol), so I wanted to share a list of pros and cons to having bangs. I would like to start out by saying that, while they can be a pain at times, I LOVE MY BANGS. My confidence improved once I got them, and I just love how they look on me! Let’s get onto the pros and cons, shall we?
- They change up your style. So this is only a pro if you like change, which I do. I have had the same hairstyle for years, and I just really, really needed change. Bangs were a huge change for me, and I was certainly scared to get them, but it turned out great for me!
- They make updos look AWESOME. Okay, okay, so updos look cute no matter what, BUT I have found that I love updos much better now that I have bangs! I love putting my hair in a bun, and bangs make it look so cute. Also, if you just add makeup to your look, BAM you look ready for a night out!
- There are so many different styles to choose from. So when I got bangs, I opted for a Spencer Hastings looked. I have longer bangs on the sides and they are relatively straight across about my eyebrows. However, if you just google “bangs hairstyles” (or something along those lines), then you can see lots of different styles to choose from!! Your choices are endless!!
- Darker lipsticks look AMAZING with bangs. It is true. I need to get myself some dark, vampy lip colors because they look AMAZING with bangs! I’ve started to get more adventurous with lip colors since getting bangs, and it is so fun.
- They don’t go unnoticed. Okay, so I don’t particularly like attention, but I have had friends tell me multiple times that they love bangs on me. This is a HUGE confidence boost!
- They hide some of my acne. So my face has good days and bad days in regards to breakouts. Lately, my forehead hasn’t been too much of a problem, but when there are problems, nobody knows!! My bangs hide all those breakouts!
- They are ADORABLE. Okay, I don’t want to toot my own horn, but since getting bangs, I just find them so incredibly cute. (Not that not having bangs isn’t cute, because they aren’t for everyone!) When my bangs look good before I head out for the day, I have a little extra confidence.
- You have to wash your hair every day. Maybe some of you already wash your hair every day, but before getting bangs, I would wash my hair about every other day. Now, I have to wash my hair every day to keep my bangs looking clean (usually by about 6 or 7 at night they will start to look and feel quite greasy). This problem stems from the fact that that I have very oily skin on my face, so I’m sure some people don’t have this problem!
- Once your bangs get greasy, your forehead gets greasy, and vice versa. This detail is super annoying, but you can’t have everything, can ya? This point goes hand in hand with the first con I listed, but I wanted to mention it anyways.
- I am constantly fixing the bangs. Now, I am constantly combing through my bangs with my fingers to make sure my bangs are laying in place (this doesn’t help with the grease problem), but I think I’ve been getting better.
- Bangs take WORK. So before getting bangs, I’d just put my hair in a ponytail and walk out the door (yeah, sometimes I don’t even brush my hair…it makes my hair too poofy and big). Now, when I shower in the evening, I have to blow dry my bangs and straighten them (let me know if you want a “How I Manage My Bangs” video or post), then in the morning I typically straighten them again. If I don’t dry and straighten them the night before, they are a MESS in the morning and sometimes I give up on them and just pin them back.
- They need cut OFTEN. My hair grows so fast, and as much I love this, I also kind of hate it now that I have bangs. To keep my bangs looking really nice, I should cut them every week and a half to two weeks. However, they are relatively easy to cut on my own, or with a friend’s or my mom’s help.
So, even though there are a quite a bit of cons to having bangs, I still LOVE them. They do need work, but for the most part, they are a joy to have. Do you have bangs? If so, what pros and cons would you add to my list? Does my list make you want bangs? Or does it deter you from getting bangs?
Much Love – Jamie