Hello my bookish buddies!! Today, I wanted to share some series that I’d like to finish or start in 2017. I have had so many series that I’ve been eyeing and I just need this to be the year where I read them.
(I realize I am posting this a day later than scheduled, but I had a really hectic day yesterday!)
- The Mortal Instruments. I started this series in Middle School and I still haven’t finished it. That sounds so bad, especially since Cassandra Clare is one of my favorite authors and I LOVE her shadowhunter world! I recently read book four and I’m currently reading book five. Books 1-3 were out when I started the series and City of Glass felt like the end!
2. The Lunar Chronicles. I’ve heard so much about this series and I really want to read it. I try to own all the books in a series before I start it (a habit I have since watching booktubers and hearing them say this) and I just need one more book before I own all of them in this series. I still plan to start them in the near future, though!
3. The Wolves of Mercy Falls. I recently got a REALLY good deal on this series, so I bought it. I don’t hear too much about this series anymore, but I have wanted to read them since first hearing about them. Who doesn’t love a good werewolf love story??
4. Halo. Angels?? YES PLEASE!! I have owned this series for about two years now and I really want to read them. My sister read them and didn’t rave about them, but she didn’t dislike them either. I think they are worth a try!
5. Gossip Girl. I own some of the books in this series. I LOVE the tv show, and I’m curious as to how similar it is to the books. Hopefully I can collect more of the books at some book sales this year!
6. Penryn and the End of Days. This is another series I’ve been eyeing for a while. I first heard about them from Christine (PolandBananasBooks) on YouTube when she raved about the first book in this series (Angelfall). Ahhh…more angels!
7. The Remnant Chronicles. I recently bought book one in this series and it sounds SO. GOOD. Like, I need to read these asap!! Hopefully they aren’t a let down!
I hope you guys enjoyed this quick post with just some of the series I want to read in 2017. I am trying to get through the books I own this year before I buy more. There are a lot of other series that I want to read that I don’t own, but they will just have to wait!! What series do you plan on reading in 2017??
Long time no see bookish friends!! I’ve been busy, and I apologize for putting my blog on the back burner….again. For the next 3 weeks I should be posting consistently because I’ll be on break! I’m excited to be home for more than just two days in a row! BUT, I am not ready for classes to start up again in January. Eeeek…I’m scared.
Well, for today’s post, I wanted to share with you all what I put on my Christmas list! Well, the bookish items, anyway. Most of the books (or all) I have read and just want to collect. Let me know what books you all have on your Christmas list! Also, let me know if any of the books on mine are on yours too!
- Owlcrate Subscription. I have been eyeing Owlcrate since they first started their subscription service. First of all, I LOVE owls. Second of all, I LOVE books. Owlcrate sounds pretty perfect for me. Someday, I will definitely buy myself a bookish subscription box AND I’ll share it with you all.
- Percy Jackson and the Olympians boxed set. So have you guys seen the Percy Jackson boxed set where the spines make a picture? It has waves and is a pretty teal color. I have been wanting them from the moment I saw them! This is one of my all time favorite series, but I only one one of the books.
- A Listography Book. I love making lists. They can be so much fun. I discovered some cool Listography books and thought, “I’ll just throw one on my Christmas list because yolo.” Side note: I kinda hate the yolo trend but I find myself saying it. Whoops!
- Funko Pops. I’ve started my collection!!! I have Ron, Hermoine, and Harry…and now I want ALL DA FUNKOS! They are so cute and definitely step up my Insta game.
- Agatha Christy books. So two of my favorite Agatha Christy books are Death on the Nile and Murder on the Orient Express. They are amazing mystery books if any of you are into that genre! Agatha Christy is my favorite adult mystery writer and I really need to read more of her books. I’ve only read a few, but loved every second of them. I can never guess the murderer in her books!
- Nancy Drew books. Nancy Drew books were my FAVORITE in my Middle School years. They are perfect mystery books for younger individuals, but I sometimes find myself craving them now….and I’m 20 years old. Ha!
- Eragon and Eldest. I am trying to collect the rest of this series in hardback. I own the last two (This is The Inheritance Cycle in case ya don’t know that…I recommend them if you like fantasy and dragons.)
- Inkheart and Inkspell. I am also trying to collect the entire Inkheart trilogy in hardback. I own the third book (Inkdeath) in hardback and I just want them all. This was another one of my all time favorites when I was younger.
- Book related candles. I keep seeing all of these awesome candles on Instagram, so now I want some of my own. Recommend some of your favorites in the comments!!
- Cool bookmarks. Here and here are two examples. I also like all the ones that people make on Etsy. Instagram has me wanting so many cool Etsy items.
Well, those are all the bookish items on my Christmas wish list! Do you guys see any similarities between my list and your list?
Hello guys! How are you all doing today? I decided I’d just write a short post recommending some of my all-time favorite series! In return, I’d love to hear about all of your favorite series!
- The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare. These books influenced my reading taste. They were the first paranormal romance books that I read and then that genre became my favorite. I know some people do not like these books, but I loved them all (aka the first four because I have yet to read the last two…I didn’t know she wrote more than three)!
- The Infernal Devices series by Cassandra Clare. Cassandra Clare blew me away in her prequel series. She is such an amazing writer! The world she has created is one of my favorite worlds to read about. Can I please be a shadowhunter? Sign me up!
- Harry Potter by J. Rowling. I know this is such a basic answer, but I don’t care. They are a must read! Hermoine is definitely my favorite character. If you haven’t read these, go read them now. What are you doing? Go. Read them.
- The Shadow Falls novels by C. Hunter. These are not very well known, but I loved them! There are lots of different types of paranormal creatures in these books and it is so diverse. I read some of them when I was on vacation in Germany and I couldn’t put them down! I chose to read over looking at the scenery! THAT is when you know you are reading a good book.
- The House of Night Series by P. C. Cast and Kirstin Cast. I am not sure how well known this series is, but I loved it. There are a lot of books in the series, but I read them all. I have actually been wanting to reread them!
Well, I hope you all enjoyed this short post with some series that I recommend! Have you read any of these? What did you think of them? Have a great day everyone!!